Saturday, February 7, 2015

Project #15 Search Engines

1. Duckduckgo.com

The search engine is quite different from the others. It is more private and anything you search for will be the first results found. I honestly did not like it as much cause it was to private for me.

2. Bing.com

The search engine was known as MSN until the name was changed. It helps support research by offering the different suggestions. It is most used for searching such as: celebrities, science, South America, and health. I tend to use this search engine to earn Bing points.

3. Mahalo.com

The search engine has higher content than others. It offers fewer results as well. I actually like this website because of the variety of information on education, how to, and beauty and lifestyle. I would really enjoy using it.

4. Dogpile.com

The search engine was the choice for most people until Google came along. The search tool had cross links that will be helpful. Search results are provided by Google and Yahoo. I honestly do not like this one since the information seems to differ.

5. Yahoo.com

The search engine is basically helpful for people who are beginners with the internet. I can say I use this website a lot with horoscopes, email, and news provided along with Yahoo.

6. Wolframalpha.com

This search engine provides examples with math, history, and data. It is actually the best way to find answers. I've never heard of this website until now, I will definitely use this for future references.

7. Ask.com

The search engine was actually named after Ask Jeeves. I use Ask to receive the questions and the answers that are helpful for any subject. This search engine is more competitive with the others today.

8. Webopedia.com

The search engine is a encyclopedia based site. This website should help people understand more about the computers around them. I can definitely use this site in the future to help with terms and resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment