Friday, January 30, 2015

Blog Post #3

http://www.dilimport.com/persuasive-essay-peer-editing-sheet/


Peer editing is working with someone your own age with his/her writings; by using compliments, suggestions, and corrections. It is indeed important in today's society. This helps students build up more confidence than have insecurities about their writing by accepting responses from their age group. The best way to approach peer editing is by giving them positive compliments. This helps our peers feel good about their selves that will help them achieve more in the writing process.


The importance of peer editing is to push and encourage our peers with writing to improve. It is better to get feedback from your peers than a teacher. Receiving feedback from a peer should be nicely done instead of hurting the students feelings. At a young age, peer editing would teach them how to nicely edit their classmates work in a positive manner. The students should be able to evaluate on the details of the topic, spelling/grammar, and using the right sources with the content.

2 comments:

  1. Leslie,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post regarding peer editing. You did a great job in explaining what peer editing is and why it is important. I believe it is an important process so that students can improve their writing skills.
    My only suggestion is to make sure that you proof read before you publish your post. Proofreading helps to ensure that everything makes sense. I know that this helps me a lot before I publish my posts.
    Janelle Owens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie,
    I found your definition of peer editing dead on. You really have grasped the concept of peer editing. I agree with Janelle about proof reading though, this is a problem for myself as well. I have learned to type my blogs and save them then come back to them a short time later and read them again. This trick has really saved me . You are doing great and I love your blog page.

    ReplyDelete