Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post 1

I. About myself

A. Name/age
B. Major in education/minor in dance
C. Mobile, Al
D. Hearing impaired/premature birth
E. Family
F. Hobbies
G. Major in pursuing with deaf studies

II. Educational Approaches

A. Attending USA
B. Why I picked education
C. Feelings about teaching


Hello! My name is Leslie Evans and I'm 20 years old. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama pursuing as a education major as well as a dance minor. I was born here in Mobile, Al. When I was born, my mom ended up having a premature birth. With me being premature, it caused my auditory nerve to not develop all the way in my right ear. My family is the biggest motivation ever. Along with my mom and dad, my mom pushes me to do the best I can even when I'm struggling. My hobbies involved reading and dance. I just love to sit down whenever I have nothing to do and read book that interests me. Second is dance, I'd started dancing at the age of nine at church. As I progressed, I was on the dance team at Baker High School for three years and Faulkner State Community College for two years. Since I am a education major, I plan on pursuing Deaf Studies to be able to teach at the Regional for the Deaf and Blind here in Mobile, Al. I feel like since I have the same disability as them, it would make me feel comfortable to be able to teach kids that are the same as me.

The reason why I attended University of South Alabama was to be close to my family and boyfriend as possible. Also, I have a one year old niece I help my sister out with as well. The reason why I picked education is because my grandma used to be a Elementary Education teacher. She went to three different colleges at the same time to finish with her degree. She also would drive to Sunflower, Al to teach until some teaching positions opened up here in Mobile, Al. She later took a position at Dodge Elementary and retired. My grandmother served 35 years of teaching, and that inspires me today to become a teacher just like her. My feelings about teaching are all over the place. I'm excited, nervous, and anxious about how the first day will be in your own classroom. I am getting closer and closer to follow my dreams as a elementary teacher. It is a great feeling to have your own classroom of kids that will look up you. Being a teacher has to be the most wonderful thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment