Saturday, March 14, 2015

Activity #4 C4T2 Mrs. Goerend

http://mrsbmg.blogspot.com/2014/05/reflections-on-my-first-year-as.html?showComment=1423683341121#c5326549447527208840

Summary of this blog post is about Mrs. Goerend switching up from an elementary teacher to a elective teacher. She provides more interest in the students in her classroom so she can have a special connection with all of them. She has a passion for teaching and enjoys it so much by impacting students in a positive way.

Hi Mrs. Goerend,
My name is Leslie Evans. I am a student at University of South Alabama taking EDM310. From reading your blog post, I can tell teaching has to be the most wonderful experience. Being able to build up interest with your students in a short timely manner, proves you love teaching these wonderful students. I love when the student brought you flowers to thank you for all the hard work you've done to teach her. A lot of teachers end up leaving a positive impact on a student. Also, I thought that it was a great idea to switch up from being a elementary teacher to an elective teacher. It's a good way to explore something different outside the elementary classroom.




http://mrsbmg.blogspot.com/2014/04/thoughts-on-wikipedia.html#comment-form

She gave each student in the communication class a social media website and told them to use Wikipedia as a source. In the past, teachers always tell us not to use Wikipedia because its a bad source. She encouraged her students to use the information provided by Wikipedia. She said if you're not sure about it look it up on another website. Wikipedia is the source of information even though different people can edit it anytime.

Leslie EvansFebruary 17, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Mrs Goerend,
I enjoyed reading this blog post so much. Throughout the years being in public school, teachers always tell me never use Wikipedia because its a bad source. I disagree on that, but still continued use it anyways with researching. Yes it does get changed a lot, but I think it provides more information on the site than any other. I love the idea you gave to the students by letting them research a social media for the communication class. I will definitely use this example in the future whenever I have my own classroom. Thank you for share this post with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment