Saturday, April 11, 2015

C4T #3 Jabiz Raisdana

http://www.jabizraisdana.com/blog/leave-with-a-suggestion/#comment-47323

Jabiz Raisdana spoke about how students should need to comprehend in reading doing it everyday with the book they're interested in. Also with writing, students use their critical thinking skills. Helping them use their thinkings more public. She uses these essentials to help them.

READING
  1. Some Essentials:
    1. Be positive
    2. Build classroom Libraries
    3. Read everyday! Everyone- teachers and kids
    4. Confer with kids as often as possible
    5. Give choice. Choice. Choice.
      1. Don’t hand! Let them grab. Offer them three possibilities and let them choose books.
    6. Set goals.
  2. Build a school culture of reading
  3. Reading is the foundation for any writing program.
  4. Increasing stamina builds engagement (kids inhaling books), building complexity builds confidence= Independence.
  5. We Think in Narratives
  6. Persistence + Self-control + Curiosity+ Conscientiousness + Grit= Self-Confidence
  7. Try 6 word book summaries or Twitter reviews to get to the heart of thinking.
Leslie Evans PERMALINK
March 27, 2015
Hi,
My name is Leslie Evans. I am currently a Elementary Education major at the University of South Alabama. I love your blog post. I agree on students need to comprehend reading by doing it everyday and choosing a book they’re interested in. I also love the whole writing in front of the students and make our thinkings public to them to help them practice more on their writing skills. Also, letting them use critical thinking skills. I found this blog post very interesting and helpful to me since I am pursuing my degree in Elementary Education. Thank you for sharing this post with us!


http://www.jabizraisdana.com/blog/back-from-the-cutting-edge/#comment-48855
Jabiz Raisdana talks about how it felt great to be able to read and write without the use of technology. She's been on the cutting edge and in need of a break. She stated that it felt so long that she's being using social media that it seems like she forgot all about it.

Leslie Evans PERMALINK
April 12, 2015
I love this blog post. I feel the same exact way with technology today. I actually love to read books and try not to look on social media, but it always tempts me every single time. I also agree with Sarah Glenn. Technology shouldn’t rule our lives and we should be able to use it in the classrooms as well to interact with the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment